Friday, February 13, 2009

Pre-Valentine's Day thoughts....

I can't believe that all of January went by and I haven't posted. I will work on that. That obviously wasn't my New Year's Resolution!

Well, we are already into 2009 as March is quickly approaching. I am still enjoying my new job, but the schedule can be tough at times. I am currently working 7am-11am. I am finally getting used to waking up early, but it will probably change again at the end of March. The schedules changes every 90 days and just when I get used to one schedule, it's time for a new one. As long as I can continue to work 20 hours, I won't complain. The time with Darius and Sofia is too precious. (Even though some days, they can drive me nutty because they don't quit talking!)

I have to go to Darius's 2nd Kindergarten conference today. I am anxious to see what Mrs. Switzsky has to say about his performance. We are very proud of his hard work at home, and think it is a lot of fun to watch him learn to read. He read an entire book to me Wedneday night. I think that kind of excited him.

It is 10:40am, which means only 20 minutes and I am outta here. I am trying to come up with some special things to do tomorrow for the kids. I want to cut out some little hearts and leave them all around the house, so that they find them all day... when they go to play, or go to the bathroom, get out their toothbrush, etc... Since they don't have school, we'll at least be home with them and I would love to watch them get excited.

Ewan and I are planning on going to New City Cafe tonight. Yummy. I am very excited about that. We have not had a lot of time lately to go out and enjoy each other's company. I know it is getting to me. We have to stop and make time for eachother. But, the kids will soon be grown and not around anymore. :( They just grow entirely too fast.

I am still eagerly awaiting planning another trip to St. Lucia. I am hoping that everything with Ewan's job works out and we can continue moving in the right direction. I am so very proud of him for his hard work on his Master's, striving to get straight A's. I don't know how he does it, but he does, and I am glad to be a part of it.

As for Valentine's Day.... I doubt if E and I will do much on the actual day. Neither one of us really gets into V-Day, which is okay with me. I would prefer to celebrate our love on other random days, when it is not expected, or a "retail holiday." What does it tell you when our favorite restaurant menu prices go from $18-$30 to $38-$45!!!!???? That's why we are going tonight!!!

0 comments: