Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!



Well, my Valentine's Day was celebrated last night. I enjoyed a fabulous dinner at New City Cafe. (The place described in my birthday celebration blog.) Ewan and I keep meaning to make it our monthly retreat, but we missed last month, so we are starting over that tradition.
We started out with some delicious Caribbean Quesadilla's: Jerk Chicken with Monterrey Jack Cheese, Red and Green Peppers, Red Onions and Mango w/Cilantro sauce. Yummm!! I had the Monterrey Chipotle Chicken and Ewan had the Pork Tenderloin with Raspberry-Dijon Sauce. Both of which were excellent choices. But, Ewan talked me into a Mojito and it is definitely a favorite!! I really didn't think I would like it, but I ended up loving it. Yum! I don't drink often, but if I do, it usually involves rum, so I guess it was a perfect choice. It wasn't St. Lucian Rum, but, it passed.

Ewan made the kids some banana pancakes for breakfast, and I too, of course enjoyed them. I wanted to get a workout in today, but that didn't happen. :( Maybe tomorrow. I have definitely eaten way too much this weekend.

Darius wanted to go to his Nanny's today, so my Mom took him over. He was crying like a baby saying he missed her and he got his way. It was so quiet with him gone. Sofia was sleeping, so Ewan and I had peace and quiet. That was the best Valentine's Day gift ever!! Right now, they are fighting with some Star Wars swords and the T.V. is blasting. They need to wrap it up for bed, but we usually stay up late on the weekends. (Makes it tough to get up for church, but we always make it somehow!)

Sofia somehow decided today that she wanted to go to St. Lucia. TODAY. I told her that it didn't work that way and that we would have to go in a plane, and she said, "No, I want to go in the car." Needless to say, we didn't go to St. Lucia today.

It's 10pm and I have thoroughly enjoyed my day! It's time to curl up on the couch and go watch some Man vs. Wild with E! Good night!

0 comments: