Monday, March 16, 2009

Patience is a Virtue

I need to take a time out this Monday morning and thank God for everything I have and who he has made me today. There are are times in my life when I wonder if I am doing everything he intended me to do, and why I am where I am today. Then I stop, and realize how lucky I truly am. I am married to a man that loves me for me, and I love him back, for who he is. He is one incredible Dad and works extremely hard. Who else works so hard, goes back to school to get their MBA, and doesn't complain when they are still working in an internship! And, I might mention that he usually gets straight A's! His goal is to have a 4.0 in the MBA program. He has done everything to provide for his family, and there is a reason that things happen the way they do. If there is one thing I have learned over the past 5 years, it's... patience.

Today's calendar says...
Belonging to a local church body is vital for spiritually healthy couples. In the Bible, Christians are never portrayed as independent entities, but as essential "parts" of the larger body of Christ.

I am thankful to have such a wonderful church that we attend together, as a family, every Sunday. We may not be too involved outside of Sunday services, or know everyone there, but we know that every Sunday, we can go there, and take a full hour to praise God and thank him for everything he has done and given us. We are definitely a couple who has overcome adversity and I am very proud of our accomplishments individually and as a couple. We are happy to be on this journey together and I will be eternally grateful for being able to develop this kind of love for someone.

Who would have thought that I, being from Topeka, KS and never living anywhere else in my life, would marry someone from another country! But hey, I love him and that is what matters. We will celebrate our 6 yr. anniversary on July 3rd, and I can't wait for the fireworks!

0 comments: