Monday, March 23, 2009

Growing Crystals...

Well, since the kids are into doing experiements, I bought them a kit where you can grow crystals. We were at Michaels and Darius wanted some Crayola 3-D kit that was $20 and I knew it really wouldn't excite him that much, so I encouraged the cheaper, more interesting Crystal growing kit.

Well, now that Spring Break is over, Darius is excited about going back to school. He woke up this morning, ready to tell all of his friends that he is growing crystals. I hope those kids don't go home to their parents and say that he is growing Crystals. Hopefully they will know that it is not crystal meth or something like that! I feel like the world's worst Mom for not getting someone over to come play with Darius. He was so good, and I did try once. His friend was going out of town with his Mom to visit one of her friends. He was disappointed, but it wasn't as dramatic as past episodes.

I am going to the store this afternoon to buy all of the necessary supplies to make some delicious Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies. Ewan said that he would make some for work, but he has class tonight, and soccer practice tomorrow night, so I thought if mine passed, he could take them and share them at work. Hopefully I can out-do his, which are pretty good!

Looks like we are in for some storms this evening. I need to get on it with cleaning out the downstairs closet. (That is our storm shelter) Being in the basement alone isn't safe enough, we have to take shelter in the closet. (See previous blogs about my fear of tornadoes) Can you believe I don't have a weather radio? But, I do have it set up to receive text messages from WIBW and am always informed of potential severe weather. However, if I happen to receive on of these messages while I am at work, and my family is all over Topeka, i.e.. Ewan at class, Darius at school, Sofia at Nanny's, my Mom at the mall, it is likely that there will be a nervous breakdown. See, there are no basements in any of these places. I am home the most since I only work 20 hours a week. I would be safe, at home, with a basement, but all I can think about it it the fact that no other location that any of my family would be at has a basement, and there is nothing I can do about it.

No reason to keep rambling on about it, 'cause it isn't gonna change, but I do pray about it.

0 comments: