Friday, March 6, 2009

Drive me crazy!!!!!!

What a week! But TGIF! So, this week was Darius' first soccer practice. It wasn't really a practice, but more of a quick get together, and discuss practice times. Long story short, this is how my day went Wednesday....

Woke up and went to work at 9:15am. Sofia gets out of preschool at 2:45, so I went to get her around 2:30pm and between the time I was waiting for her and the time she actually came out, I went from just fine (aside from lots of snot for the past week) to feeling like someone stabbed me in my ear.

I knew at that point, that it would be a long night. I had exactly one hour to get to a Dr. and get home to get Darius off the bus. I called Sunflower Prompt Care and they said that they had no patients, so Sofia and I sped there, and they got me in after about a half an hour. So, sure enough... ear infection. Now, I had the prescription, but was going to have to make time to get it, since picking up Darius was next, then soccer, then the skating party.

Sofia and I drove home with about ten minutes to spare to get Darius off the bus. He got home, and I loaded him into the car, to head to the pharmacy.

I get a call from my Mom that Grant was looking for a ride home, and since I was headed to the pharmacy across from the mall, I thought I could squeeze that in. They couldn't find him after he was in her store. I went to the pharmacy and that took about an hour. I had about 5 extra minutes, and did a swoop around the mall to see if Grant was outside the mall since I was headed right in his direction, near his home.

Well, no luck there, but as I was driving to soccer, I noticed that my gas light came on. I figured right then was as good a time as any, so headed to the gas station. After waiting forever there, we hurried out to make it to soccer on time. I was in the turn lane with one person in front of me. Their car slowly started to roll backwards and I figured that it was just a stick shift and they would stop at any moment. Um, nope. Sure enough, their car rolled right into my van. The man got out. I stood up, and looked at him. He looked at me, almost as if implying that I ran into him. He didn't say one word. Finally, I said,"You just let your car roll into my van." He got in his car and drove off. Luckily, no damage. I just sped away and glared at him.

Off to soccer. That was short and sweet. Next up, the skating party. Ewan had a meeting with someone from his group at school. So, it was up to me to juggle the kids at the party. Of course we blew way too much money on blinking pacifiers, Nachos, pop and spray candy. Ewan ended up there near the end, and then we went to dinner.

Can you say CRAZY DAY!!!???

0 comments: