Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Too Blessed to be....(you guessed it) Stressed!




TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED. Ya know, this is a very cheesy statement. But, break it down, and it really does have a lot to say.


This morning, I took some time to really stop and think about all that I have been blessed with. I have been stressed over so many different things in my life...small and large. And, looking back, I am able to see how insignificant those things really were. I am thankful that I grew up in a home that provided a strong faithful foundation, and know that these things in life would be so much harder without God.


Family and friends are definitely a go-to during tough times, but God? You can talk to him anywhere, anytime. Tell him anything, and he'll listen. His answers come, in his own time, but the answer will come. Sometimes, the answer comes along and you don't even realize it, because it may not be the one you were looking for.


I was driving home from dropping Sofia off from preschool, wishing that I would like to switch places with my husband for a day every once in awhile. I don't know how he does it. He goes to work all day, and then straight to class, and sometimes straight to play basketball. He really is too blessed to be stressed! He doesn't have time to be stressed because of all of the wonderful things he has in his life. His strong will and faith have provided him with so many opportunities. The latest opportunity has him in class tree nights a week. (Yes, tree. My favorite number tanks to a few Caribbean people in my life, that I have been Master's Graduation to you baby! I know you can't wait!


So, this "too blessed to be stressed" came out simply out of some little things. It just hit me that we are currently booked up for all weeknights, and with Ewan in class most of those nights, I get to do all of the running. It's cold, we're busy, and I'm over it... already! Monday nights are baseball batting practice, Tuesday nights: cub scouts & soon to be soccer practice, Wednesday nights: Sofia dance, Thursday nights: baseball fielding practice... Saturdays are soccer games, Sundays: church and sometimes basketball for Ewan.


Why am I even blogging about this.... 'cause I am "too blessed to be stressed!"

0 comments: