Friday, February 5, 2010

The art of Stephanie's snow shoveling

***CAUTION: If you like to shovel snow, or do a good job at it, don't read.***




Okay, so, since I only work part-time, it stopped snowing and Ewan pretty much works circles around me, the least I could do would be to shovel the snow. I mean, I feel like it's the little things.... well, apparently this is not such a little thing.

It seems easy when you think about it, but I must have a few issues going on here. Either a) we have two really crappy shovels (one is a $30 shovel. I feel like that's an expensive shovel, but I know nothing about shovels) or b) the person operating the snow shovel is just really terrible at it.

You should see everyone else's driveway. I think I am not the only woman in the neighborhood to shovel today, but I did witness someone shoveling their driveway and they made it look effortless. And, the driveway is perfectly "clean" or really just wet looking.

So, you should see my driveway. I left a huge patch at the bottom that will remain unshoveled because I am just done. There are little snow patches everywhere, and I promise I really tried my person best because I do like things to be, not perfect, but if you are going to do something, at least do a good job, ya know?

I would take a picture if I wasn't so worn out. But, I am now drenched in sweat and my driveway still looks crappy.

There is only one good thing that came out of this: I got a decent workout and worked up a sweat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a better woman than me. Shoveling the drive has not even passed through my mind! What happened to those kids you hear about that want to shovel old ladies drives for a mear 10cents!?!?!

augustefamily said...

Well, I just feel guilty, home what feels like all the time. I mean, I work from home...when I'm working. But, don't worry, I'll never do it again! lol. At this point, I would have felt more proud if I hadn't even tried!