Saturday, February 6, 2010

Watch out for that....

SOCK BOMB!




I think we started a new fun game at our house. I was sitting on the bedroom floor, folding laundry and the kids were bored. They kept coming in the room. E was laying on the bed, and I was folding...what's with that? Anyway, I grabbed some rolled up socks and started throwing "bombs." And, I started a true explosion alright. An explosion of fun! We literally ran through the entire house, arms loaded with socks. We were hiding at every corner and I was on my own team, while Ewan was laughing at all of us. He probably would have joined us if his knee wasn't swollen to the size of a watermelon. Nonetheless, we had a great time.

The kids kept conversing about where they thought I was hiding, and when they were wrong, E and I were trying hard not to bust out laughing. The laundry room light comes on automatically when you walk by, so this kind of hindered my trying to hide, but I didn't complain too much being bombarded by sock bombs. I mean, at least they were clean!

When it got to the point that Darius was heading to his sock drawer to load up on more socks... I drew the line. I mean, the socks from the folded laundry were already out, but digging out more socks? No thanks.

Sidenote here, a really nice mustang just turned around in the cul-de-sac and it was literally the color of an orange.

Anyway, after round one of the sock bomb war, the kids were begging for me. I was sweating and needed a break, so I went into Ewan's socks and gathered up a bunch of "huge bombs" and after a few minutes, I was ready for more. I don't think it's such a good thing that I now have the kids running around saying. "bomb.bomb.bomb. bomb.bomb.ba-bomb," from Meet the Parents, but we sure had a great time!

0 comments: