Saturday, January 30, 2010

Shopping, Husbands, Sizes & Shoes



So, most women would probably prefer to shop for themselves, but I had a really great time shopping with my husband last night. I like to shop for him by myself, but it makes things difficult on final size/length decisions. Finding a 3XLT is not an easy feat. So, when you do find something, you almost have to not look at the price, and snatch it up! But, it makes for even more fun shopping when things are on sale, and then they are an extra 30% off AND you are actually able to find things in the right size. And the shoes, those are another story. Let's just say, you missed out a fun time.


Yesterday, Ewan and I were both off for a crazy morning with the kids. Darius' class was going to the KS History Museum and Sofia had visiting day at preschool. So, E and I both went to the museum, and then he split to go to Sofia's visiting day. The day started out very crazy because I was still waiting on approval to be off work. I was supposed to work 10:45am-2:45pm, and it took over a week to approve my time off. I learned my lesson trying to use some special time that I earned off (long story) and ended up having to make 2 trips home to enter the requests. Luckily, since I work from home, I was able to swing by and enter my requests and enjoy the day off with Daddy and Sofia.


So, after the crazy morning, we came home, sat on the couch and went back to work on Mario. It was great, but we were lazy! We had no real desire to go shopping in the freezing cold, but got a call from my Mom telling us about the great sale. So, we had no choice but to keep playing Mario until Darius got home, and then eventually get dressed and head for the mall. It was well worth the trip. We got out alone together, got some great clothes and had a little break from those kids we love so dearly. I always miss them, but am always so grateful for a little bit of time away from them.


As much fun as I had stacking up purchases for the man of the house, I may have to go and find some things for myself...

0 comments: