Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The game of LIFE!



So, a memory may be defined as retaining or recalling a past experience. Aren't we glad we have these memories? I can remember being a little girl, playing in the basement at my house, all by myself for hours. I had the biggest, coolest Barbie house and my Barbie was equipped with every outfit and accessory imagineable.


I can remember my first boy/girl party and whose house it was at. I can remember elementary school and being sent on the wrong bus the very first day of school. I can remember the time that my Mom spanked me and I looked at her and said: "That didn't hurt." That probably wasn't the best response, but I can remember it.
As I sit here, looking at my own children, and watching them make their own memories, I am thankful. Thankful that I am allowed this experience. Life. The thing about life is that, experience is not required. We are experiencing life everyday. Whether it is life 25 years ago, when we were playing Barbie's and doing cartwheels, or life 10 years ago when we were in college....this game is not to be taken for granted. It is always nice to stop and remember how amazing it really is.


I have no idea how I ended up where I am today, but I believe I went down this path that God helped guide me on, and helped me get through difficult levels of this game of life. He helped me score and collect points. Well, that doesn't sound right, but you get the idea! Friends and family helped somewhere along the way. It is hard to believe that I am 30 years into the game. But, I am having a great time. Life is a game. Now go play!

0 comments: