Thursday, April 23, 2009

This sucks. Literally.

Tornadoes suck. No really, they do. And, in my latest tornado dream, I could personally see the people being sucked out of whatever facility I was in. I still can't quite figure out where I was this time. From previous blogs, you will see that I am usually in Henderson on Washburn's campus trying to make my way down the stairs, but I am surrounded by the glass walls, and never get to a basement.

This time, it was some type of parking garage, only there were no cars, and the columns that hold the levels up, were skinny enough that you could sort of wrap your arms around them, because, that is what I did in my dream.

So, the tornado hits, and of course I see it first. (I have never seen a tornado in real life, but in my dreams, I always see them before I take shelter.) I see and hear the tornado, and head into this place. My Grandma and Mom are usually there, and my husband is never there. That's probably because I already know he is somewhere NOT taking shelter, because he believes that since he is from an island, that hurricanes are much more severe.

Yes, the damage from a hurricane may be more widespread, but if a tornado directly hits where you are, you are in serious trouble.

There are different levels in this garage and of course I am on the middle level, and my Mom and Grandma are on the level above. Now, I can see people literally being sucked out of the sides of the building. The sides that are open. I am right in the middle, where I have managed to hang on to these columns. Of course my feet are flying and my entire body is waving in the air like a flag. This time, I have no idea where my kids are in the dream. I usually end up finding out that my husband and kids are safe.

After what seems like several minutes, the tornado is over and I am quite convinced that My Mom and Grandma are dead. I try to make my way to the level above me, and I see my Mom. She's alive! I go running for her and remember falling at her feet. I didn't even hug her. I was so exhausted from hanging on and the stress of the situation that I had no strength to wrap my arms around her.

Here's where it gets bad. I assume that since my Mom is fine, so is my Grandma. My Mom tells me that she didn't die from the tornado, she had layed on a stretcher from an ambulance, and as soon as she layed down to rest, she literally laid down to rest.

These dreams totally freak me out because they are SO real, and there are so many details. We'll see when the next tornado dream will surface. Hopefully not tonight, because it is very disturbing! But, I will try not to complain. At least it's a dream, and not for real!

0 comments: