Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter! (yesterday)

Well, I do hope that everyone enjoyed their Easter holiday. The family and I went to church as usual, and enjoyed a nice Easter service, and then went home to a fabulous meal prepared by Ewan. He must hate it that he is such a great chef. We had marinated pork, chicken, fried chicken, ham, corn, red potatoes, cake, apple pie with ice cream. Needless to say, I was pretty full after we ate. Of course I didn't eat everything, but at least a small sample of each.

The kids enjoyed the day and found a t-shirt and pajamas that were dropped by the Easter bunny while we were at church. Apparently, the bunny tried to stop by, but rang the doorbell and no one opened the door. It was raining, so he took the baskets and hopped somewhere else until we got home. Shortly after we ate, the doorbell rang, and they were very excited. The bunny had dropped off a basket for each of them. Darius got the volcano experiment he has been waiting for. Sofia? The tatoo stamper Barbie that was all I heard about. The baskets of course were overflowing with other goodies, such as Darius' Mighty Warrior Bible, and Sofia's Princess Bible. We had some of the Washburn players over to eat, and they thought that it looked more like Santa Claus came, but, hey, it's all good. He said, "Ho, Ho Ho! The Easter bunny is here!"

I started my new schedule today and Sofia did not give me a very enjoyable night's sleep. She was up every two hours, crying for no apparent reason. At one point, she said she was trying to lock the door. I have no idea what that was about.

0 comments: