Friday, May 1, 2009

Is reading this blog like watching paint dry?

I knew in my brain that I had decided to paint the basement. The walls were white and not very inviting. Darius had written his name in crayon in one spot. It was time that this was done. On Tuesday night, I did a little taping and began painting with a brush around the edges of the door to see the color. I liked it and wanted to proceed. So, on my to-do list for Thursday was to paint a large portion of the basement.

I started early yesterday, around 9:30am. (Yes, that's early.) I painted the first coat by hand, with a brush. Yes, this was rather foolish, but it was like, I just kept going and didn't have the roller ready, etc... I took a break and let the first coat in the large wall dry.

I sat upstairs for a little while, contemplating if I should start the other large wall. I decided that I would wait and totally complete the first wall, put everything back where it was, and then if I was still energetic, I would move to the next wall.

I completed the first wall and was ready to move on to the next. It looks great. Significantly more inviting and warmer than before. Now my arms are another story. I have been telling Ewan that I would like to do some weights for my arms. (I used to be able to wear a tank top and not feel self-conscious about my arms, but the last year has done a number on me.) I know I should hit the gym, but I don't have time when I am doing things like painting my basement.

I told him this was my new solution. Just take up painting! Well, I will have to rethink that, but I would like my nice arms back!

0 comments: