Saturday, April 3, 2010

Kindergarten Roundup










Well, the time has finally come. My Sofia will begin kindergarten this fall. I can't believe that both Darius and Sofia will get on the bus together and disappear for the day. What am I going to do?

Kindergarten Roundup was held on Thursday, April 1st, and Sofia really had a great time. They arrived and picked up a Sheriff badge with their name on it. Sheriff Sofia and I headed into the library to begin the process.

They took the kids to do some informal assessments, play and get familiar with the idea of going to school. We took a bus ride around the area and they each received a cowboy hat when they returned. Roundup ended with a visit to the kindergarten classrooms.

I know that Sofia is ready for Kindergarten, but I am not so sure that I am ready for her to go to kindergarten!


























0 comments: